Friday, May 16, 2014

Rescue

My homework during the Watercolor Class for Card Makers Class has often ended up looking like a dog's dinner and come very close to ending up in the bin.  Today, I attempted to rescue a few.  The first actually comes from Day 1 and the incredible Laura Bassen where she demonstrated a really cool technique of laying down stripes of Distress Ink onto an acrylic block, then capturing that very wet color to a piece of watercolor paper. At the end of my play time, I had a very wet watercolor paint set.  Sooooo... I took a piece of watercolor paper [or two] and pressed it onto the set... yes, right onto the paints themselves.  I promptly set them in a box to dry, where they've sadly been UNTIL today:

The background was the first pressing which I embossed; the die cuts are from the second pressing! 
It almost looks as if the die cuts are cut from the background, but no, they are not!
 
I'm submitting this in two challenges.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is "Die Crazy", and CASE Study 191 - "Splash!" Another for Splash with a little free hand coloring with watercolors, a few Martha's butterflies cut from the leftovers from above, and Heidi Swapp gold:


And 2 other "rescues" for Die Crazy:


This time I actually cut from the background watercolor paper I created with Debby Hughes.
 
Have a great weekend, everybody - hope the sun shines where you are, and you get to color.
=] Michele


10 comments:

Debby Hughes said...

Wow, a stack of beautiful cards! So glad you are making the most of your 'homework'!

Amy Rohl said...

Oh my {beautiful} word!

Laura Sterckx said...

These cards are so fabulous! I love all the watercoloring, the beautiful colors and the designs. The rose on the "you are amazing" card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Michelle said...

These are all awesome! I'm glad you put your watercolour papers aside and used them later!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow lots of wonderful and original cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Amazing cards, all of them!

Erika Kjellsson said...

I think they all are amazing.

anja curvers said...

Amazing cards great work. Thanks for joining us over at CASE study.

Wida said...

I adore the way you framed the ampersand!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Love the watercolor look!