Thursday, March 12, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #114 [literally =]

Gayatri Murali has created a gorgeous sketch for this week's CAS(E)- enough said, you'll see what I mean:

 
I just couldn't wait to create a card! I can't imagine why I'm dreaming of Springtime in Paris... then again,why not?

Gayatri's sketch just says toile to me! You know those fabulous French prints that often depict a scene? I've seen them printed in blues, and greens, and often red... but black on white just does it for me.



Using the new Mama E. Freestyle Florals again - I don't think I'll ever tire of them - I simply stamped, masked and stamped again, a few of the many choices from the set.  Add a Mama E. Hello from Raspberry PTI card-stock, a frame from SSS, and VOILA: TOILE DE JOUY ... my way.

Hope you take time to frame a bit of something wonderful this week using our sketch - we love it when you do - and you do it so well! =]

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Michele!! The burst of bright pink with the elegant black and white is FABulous!

Michelle said...

SO pretty! Oh, how I love a beautiful toile!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Perfect take on the sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Perfect take on the sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is fantastic--I love your frame. Black and pink = swoon!

Cat Craig said...

I love that pop of pink for the sentiment. Lovely take on the Sketch.

Joyce said...

Wow--this is stunning. Love your design and the way you used those flowers.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this, Michele! So pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Michele! I love how the hot pink sentiment pops against the black and white flowers and your frame is the perfect touch!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Quite the classic beauty Michele and LOVE that pink pop!

donna mikasa said...

There's something magical about black and white with a pop of color! LOVE!

Sharron said...

Stunning! Love your design and the black & white is perfect!

Hannelie said...

When your playing in my fav colors of B,W & one, you must know I will fall in love... head over heals!

Unknown said...

You are forever clever Michele! I am so taken with your wave-embossed card! I love how you created your own negative spaces here and there. I know a few surfie dudes too would be loving this rad card. And then your raspberry kissed mono card! Elegance all the way! Tropical cyclone brewing North of where I live. Card inspiration?? I dare you!! 😉 xxx

Bobby said...

I love toile, and black and white, so this card really appeals to me.

Anita in France said...

Wow, so striking and gorgeous, Michele ... that splash of hot pink in the sentiment is just fabulous! Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card..

cm said...

Paris in springtime...sighhh! I've been there during the summer, on two occasions, and ohhh...Love Paris! Memories, memories. My brother and I were travel companions; Tour de France-related trips. Such fun...Anyway, your card evokes much joy: clean, pretty, striking! Love it!
Hugs~c

Taunya Butler said...

Positively joyous card and has so much verve and chic!! WOW - hands down one of the coolest cards I have seen lately!!!