Monday, March 9, 2015

CASology: Week 136: Basket

When I saw the cue word this week at CASology was BASKET,I knew exactly where I wanted to go with it... and I smiled at the comment that asked "Wow, am I the only one who immediately thought...case?" No, Christine, you weren't!

Now putting it on paper was a different story.

I realized the answer was literally staring me in the face: my new buddies, the Mama Elephant Three Amigos!!

I know! My handwriting is atrocious, but not a single one of my word stamps was small enough to fit on his sweet little sign. There are many, many phrase options in the set, but not the ones I wanted in this case - pun intended.


It did give me the opportunity to try out my new EK Tools journaling pens found at a craft shop. The kit included five pens in varying sizes so I'll be able to add fine doodling lines. Now if I could only add Copics to my entourage - my coloring here? I apologize.

Hope this turns out to be a great week for you all... thanks again for stopping over!


20 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Sweet! And I do love that embossing.

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute and funny Michele! The basket weave background and the sentiment capture the cue perfectly. Thank you for sharing you card with us at CASology!

Melissa said...

Oh, Michele! I just love your basket case card!!! That embossing folder is just perfect and your sweet little cat is just adorable holding his heartfelt note. :)
Thank you so much for joining us again over at CASology!

Lisa Elton said...

HA!!! What a fun take on the cue word...basket case, love it!! Cute card Michelle and you handwriting looks good to me!

Joyce said...

Very fun take on the cue word, and I love that you wrote your own sentiment. No need to apologize for your coloring, either. It is really great. Love that basket weave embossing as well as your darling critter. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is too cute!

Jen W. said...

I was hoping some people would go this route! :) Love that little amigo and your brilliant sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Bobby said...

This is a hoot, Michele. Basket case. That about describes me right now. I couldn't come up with anything for this challenge.

Ardyth said...

Ha! I'm so glad someone 'went there' with this cue card! Love the subtle texture and the sweet image! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Yep, you pulled it off, Michele! A great "basket case" card...adorable, actually...and I adore the basket weave dry embossing on the card base, too! Thanks for playing along this week at CASology!

PiecesbyEmily said...

This is adorable!

Chriss Blagrave said...

CUTE!!
Love this interpretation Michele!

Kristie Goulet said...

So cute, Michele! There is that awesome embossing folder. ;)

Marybeth said...

Look at you with that embossed background! Darling card with one simple image as a focal point.

Deepti said...

Awww so very cute and creative !

Sharron said...

What a clever card! Love the cute sentiment and the basketweave embossing! That new set is so adorable--definitely on my wishlist.

Shona Chambers said...

Its so funny because all I could think of was basket-case but couldn't find a way to portray it that wouldn't offend anyone....This is done so well and with a very cute little sign-holder. Must be a winner for sure!

Marika said...

LOVE this Michele! Can't say anything more.

Anita in France said...

Tee-hee, Michele ... another sweet little critter ... and what a brilliant take on basket! I didn't even get as far as ba! Anita :)

cm said...

Well, *palm smack on forehead*, I thought I'd commented on your brilliant take on 'case' here (yes, basket + case = what came to my mind, along with "I am a..."). Clever, funny and super cute! Copics in your hands...oh the possibilities! I'll send wishes that a Copic contest will pop up and that you'll the grand prize winner! Fabulous card, sweet 'cousin' of mine!
Hugs~c