Monday, March 30, 2015

The Challenge - First Anniversary!



I have been asked to join those fun girls over at The Challenge as they celebrate their first anniversary with news - head over, won't you?  It is a really fun place to play cards!!


This week the theme is Anything Goes - with a prize: a $20 gift card from our fabulous sponsor:
I just won a gift certificate from Sugar Pea during the Spring Coffee Blog-Hop - sadly it hasn't arrived quite yet, but watch for a few cards when it does! Thanks again, Wendy Ramlakhan, for your oh so generous nature!
 
Okay... here's my card:
 
 
If it's your first visit to my blog, you'll find I am a bit late to the party on occasion... there is a trend I've been seeing around recently that I wanted to check out.
 
I tried my hand at velveteen stamping... the lighting wasn't cooperating, but you'll catch a bit of it in the background of the YAY stamp.  Here is a fabulous video from Shari Carroll on her Hero Arts YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/ZVryY_w297U  Shari will explain it much better than I ever could =]
 
Thanks, Lesley for inviting me, and to the team for giving me such a warm welcome!  Congratulations on your first of many, many celebrations to come =]


20 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love those stamps Michele! Adorable!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Darling and cheerful card Michele! Love this graphic route you took on this :)

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the colors. Congrats on being a guestie!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele what fabulous stamps! Good for you trying a new technique! Fun to be posting the same challenge with you!

Kristie Goulet said...

Congratulations on your news! Your card is so fun and festive. Perfect colors and design. Love the velveteen stamping. I need to do this again.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful news, and well earned. Love the happy feel of this card. Have a great week.

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats and what a fun card!!

Judy1223 said...

What a sweet card, Michele - and I can see that velveteen effect, very cool!

Marybeth said...

Congrats and I love the way your card turned out! Fun and I will check out the video soon.

lostinpaper said...

Uber funky design Michele, love your choice of retro colours!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hi Michele, and welcome to the team! Now I need to watch that video and try the velvet technique! Thanks for the push! So glad to be designing with you!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors and sentiments, this is super cute!

Taunya Butler said...

I love this awesome, happy, upbeat card!! Love that it is mailable!! I mail so many cards and I run out of ideas for stamping one layer, flat cards - but this idea is Fabulous!!!

Anita in France said...

Yay, congratulations on your GD spot, Michele! Cool card ... gorgeously graphic ... and go you, nailing that velveteen technique ... it's fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Congrats on your GD. They are lucky to have you. Love your card, and I am in the dark about Velveteen stamping. So if you are late to the party, consider that I didn't even know there was a party going on! Thanks for the link to the video so I can see what the fuss is all about.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderful to have you with us Michele!!! Love the CAS of this!!!

Lesley said...

Yay! So happy to have you with us, Michele. Love your fun card!

cm said...

Cheering that you're one of The Challenge gals, sharing inspiration for this Year One milestone. Your card: only Yay! Yay! Awesome! I'm going to scope out the velveteen video after my gallery walk through your cards! Congrats on the Sugar Pea win...looking forward to your showcases!
Hugs~c

Bobby said...

Simple but bright and celebratory. That's what this card says to me. I bought some stamps a long time ago to do what I learned as "kiss" stamping which I think is the same as velveteen, but haven't used them much. If I could just remember all these techniques when it comes time to make a card.

Lori said...

Love your card's clean, graphic design. I haven't given velveteen stamping a try yet, but I have wanted to for a while now.