Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Second hand of Cards - with Chriss Blagrave!

If you think playing cards is fun, you can't imagine what can happen when dealt a second hand!  Chriss chose our fabulous card to CASE from Joni Andaya of Pappell with Love - I adore Joni's cards, and I'm thrilled to be trying my hand at this one:



Isn't it just breath-taking-ly splendid?

Oh boy, you guys know I'm not really good at blending - practice only makes perfectly okay in my case!

Not that I'm in a hurry to see the leaves fall, but Joni's card did bring Fall to mind.

So!  Are you ready, Chriss and Joni?  Here is my Autumn Leaves CASE:

Various Distress Inks; and Hero Arts White embossing powder.


Oh I do apologize for the ghastly bow!  Some day one of you will give me a lesson on that, and PTI will have the twine I love back in stock!  I've used my final snippet of it here so I couldn't even attempt to make Joni's fantastic little number!  

Joni, I hope you don't mind - in fact we hope you are very pleased - that we've CASE'd your gorgeous card!

Loved that we've played cards once more, Chriss!  Always heaps of fun ... I'm dashing over to your wonderful Botanical Café to see the loveliness I know you've created ...  

is it my turn to shuffle?
=]  Michele

19 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

What a Fantastic take Michele, Awesome <3

Chriss Blagrave said...

I just love playing cards with you! Love your CASe of Joni's vibrant card :)))

Vicki Dutcher said...

Friggin JUMPED off the Bloglovin page! OMG I have to try this - it is stunning!!!
Well done!

Joyce said...

Wow--this is dramatic and gorgeous. My tip for a good bow is to get a bow easy. It is the best little trick I know. Love your ink sponging.

~amy~ said...

Oh my...love how you were inspired! Gorgeous!!

Anita in France said...

Oh my, this is beautiful, Michele ... cross out that 'ly okay' bit when talking about your blending ... it looks just perfect from here ... and a gorgeous backdrop to those yummy, texture-y, dimensional leaves! Love your unstructured bow ... I almost never tie them myself, so am no help for you! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

You did a fantastic job CASing that card. Your blending is perfect!! Your layering is fabulous and I LOVE the dimension on the leaves. Beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

You did a marvelous job with your background Michele!! Great CASE on Joni's card!!

Sharron said...

Oh, I think your background blending looks fantastic! And the sentiments go so perfectly with your wonderful bouquet of leaves!

Marika said...

I just love Joni's style too! And your take is perfect! Love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous take on Joni's card. So pretty!

Bobby said...

If I didn't know better, I'd say Joni made the autumn card, too. It perfectly CASES hers, Michele. I don't want to hear negative talk about blending any more. ;)

Taunya Butler said...

What an amazing job you have done of playing cards again!! This is beautiful and stunning and an extremely awesome CASE of Joni's card!! You really are a rock star at card making!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Michele. Lovely case. I always make my bows upside down, somehow they seem to lay better that way. Though I will say doubles are a pain in the backside. Hugs.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh Michelle...this is such a STUNNING take on Joni's card! The leaves are gorgeous and pair perfectly with the W&W words! Also, I think your blending is really beautiful!

Shona Chambers said...

You know what, when I first glanced over the post I didn't even realise they were two different cards, they look so much alike!! So that goes to show how fabulous your card looks! Love the blending and the words in the background. I'm absolutely terrible with bows, hence the reason you don't see twine on my cards often. I think yours is perfect!

cm said...

Your card is breath-taking-ly splendid in every way! "Perfectly okay" blending? Nope. Wrong. It's perfectly gorgeous blending. Love the embossed words, the sprig of fall leaves, the twine bow...the whole shebang! In fact, I may have to case your case, provided I have those rich blue/green inks. I'll be scoping out my little collection once I'm back from going to the Farmers' Market. My husband has put in a request for cherries and peaches, so I'm off to get his treats, which will be awaiting his arrival on Saturday!
Hugs galore to you!
~c

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Kara said...

Your version is beautiful!!!