Monday, August 10, 2015

Muse #128


Hello my Muse Card Clubbing friends... does it seem like it has been forever since I've visited?  I'm so happy to be back, and hope I can inspire you to craft along with me this week. 

I'm going to challenge you to emboss your little hearts out this time!  Dry emboss that is... yes, embossing folders are still one of my favorite crafty supplies.  By now you've seen me use this fab wood-grain embossing folder many, many times.  Often I add a little ink to it like this.  REally love to emboss the die-cuts like this.  And every once in a while, I can turn a tragedy into an aHa moment - like this!  AND, I cannot lie ... I LOve big DOTS

Recollections Silver cardstock;  Limeade PTI cardstock;  Neenah Solar White 110# base and panel.

I Love this Winnie & Walter Cheers Cutaway - one great word, so many uses!  I'm jumping onto the metallic band-wagon with the silver balloon-string, compliments of W&W's The Party set!  With the addition of a slip of vellum for the balloon and its little message-tag? it's a wrap!

Okay, my friends.  Are you ready?  I want you to pull out your favorite embossing folder, or two, and show me what you've got, and your favorite way to use it ... I'm always in the market for one I haven't seen [purchased] yet.  OH!!  Wait!  Have you noticed?  NO stamping - except for the sentiment!!

See you in the Muse gallery!!!  Always a pleasure ... ready, set, emboss!

=] Michele

24 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super fun card Michele...I love that embossing folder!

sandie said...

Love this Michele, love all the texture x

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous inspiration! Simply elegant!

Pia S said...

I absolutely love this card, from layout to colors and the clean feel of it.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Michele. All the texture and open white space is fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

I had so much fun looking at each of the cards you linked to!! LOVE the dots!! Today'a card is equally delightful Michele, love the vellum and the pop of fresh green!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Loved the revisit of all your fabulous cards Michele and a beautiful inspiration card this week x

lostinpaper said...

Welcome to the metallic band-wagon, mine always seem to trend to gold, maybe I should try some silver too, fab card Michele!

Happy Dance said...

This are so cool. White, lime, silver; awesome color combination in my world. I'll have to see what folders trip my trigger this week and try to play along. Still scrapbooking (bleccchhh). Love this card Miss Sweetie Pie. But then, I don't think you've ever made a card I didn't like! Happy Tuesday dear One L. Bev

Joan B said...

hmm.. great card...great inspiration. checking out my embossing folders right now!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun card, Michele!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Michele! I love your embossed panel and the swirly balloon string is fabulous! LOVE the color combo, too! Can't wait to play along this week :)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....this is just so fun. An incredible birthday card and I love all the white and can't wait to play along.

Anonymous said...

Oh, lime and white, so zesty and fresh! I DO love that woodgrain embossing folder, and you work it so well!! That silver balloon string is a glorious surprise also! You really work magic with dies and embossing, Michele!!

Joyce said...

Love the texture and all the white on this card. Makes your cheery word cheer stand out even more.

Petra Swart said...

Love that wonderful EF, Michele!!!! And how beautiful that balloon is with the silver sting and I love the cute little tag!!! This is just stunning, I LOVE it!!!
Hugz

Shona Chambers said...

Embossing folder?? Eeeek! I don't have many but will see what I can dig out, just for you of course!! And how are my beans doing?? Bet they are super tasty. Can just imagine the snap as you bend them...yum.

Anita in France said...

Always love to see what you do with that woodgrain embossing folder, Michele ... well, let's be honest ... I always love to see what you do with any of your supplies!! Stunning white on white with just the perfect touch of ... delicacy in the vellum, zesty colour in the sentiment, shimmery shine in the silver 'string'! Delicious, mon amie! Hugs, Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

Wonderful and sparkling and awesome!!! Love this and if I am not to late then I am going to try playing along!! Hugs to you and thanks for all the info you shared with me. Have a wonderful Sunday!!!

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE the crisp clean white against the green and metallic! You nailed it, girl!

Jen W. said...

This rocks, Michele! Love how that lime green pops off the white. I've played along (and will be posting my card a little later) but I didn't know about the embossing part until I read this. My card base is textured though so hopefully that counts!

Marybeth said...

I came into the craft room to make a card for this and realized I won't make in time it, sorry:/

Sharron said...

Embossing folders are so great to add some extra texture to white designs. And you find such wonderful patterns. Love the vellum and silver--very festive!

cm said...

You know I bypassed 'crushing over' and 'smitten by' and zoomed straight to 'love' with this card! Simply stunning or stunning simplicity: call it what you will, but it's one show-stopping knockout! I adore what you do with white space and pops colour (as in those kites in the earlier part of today's amazing journey and your little veggies). It's playing out marvelously here: the green and silver...yummos!
Hugs~c