Sunday, September 6, 2015

For Kimberly & Muse: ChristmasVisions 18

This is for my sweet, darling, kind, generous friend in Seattle... who I miss very much!  Look at this beauty Kimberly's made to inspire and delight us:

Wish I had this cinnamon-y kraft paper - maybe Kimberly
will tell me where she got it?
 
Yesterday I spent a bit of time reorganizing ... you all know well and good what this means, right?  In my defense, and in the spirit of re-purposing, I just can't seem to throw away a Christmas card!!!  Man, am I glad I don't.  Look what I've managed with one of them for ChristmasVisions 18:
 
SSS tree die, cut twice: once in gold, once from the front of a foiled Christmas card.
Sweet little sentiment from Paper Smooches, gold embossed.
 

I was inspired by: embossed metallic, multiple trees, and the gold bird - though I replaced him with a little sequin star.  One of you will undoubtedly find this little one in your Christmas mail this year!  One more down... yay!
 
 
Nearly looks like stained-glass... hope Kimberly likes it =]
 


 


25 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh what a beautiful case! Lovely!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, this is fantastic!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello Miss!!!! Miss your wonderful SUNSHINY personality that lights up an entire city and makes the skies smile! This really is a sparkling stain glass sensation!!! LOVE it !!! Your creations are always FANTASTIC, this is BEYOND amazing!!! No...SERIOUSLY!

So HAPPY that you joined in the MUSE Christmas Visions challenge this week!!!

HUGS Michele!

Darnell said...

Great minds is right, M! That's too funny! Your card is really spectacular!! Hugs, D

cm said...

WOW! Swooning over your stained glass trees. Gorgeous...and what an imaginative way to re-purpose a Christmas card! Another work of art!!
Hugs~c

Lynn said...

Oh this looks amazing Michele. I have something very similar to post for Tuesday. Love how you were inspired.

Lisa Elton said...

What a nifty re-purpouse Michele!! That die and your saved card were meant to be, fabulous!!

Marilyn said...

What a gorgeous repurpose ... your card is stunning!

Barb Ghig said...

Yes, your trees really do look like stained glass...and I LOVE them! Especially with the gold foil outline...so elegant, Michele! And, I see that Kimberly is swooning over it, too! Gorgeous take on her card, my friend :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous!

Birgit said...

I love your card, so beautiful and elegant!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Such a beautiful "stained glass" piece of art! Your up cycling of the Christmas card is brilliant and a perfect use here...don't you love when that all comes together!
Thanks for sharing and playing at MCV this week!

sandie said...

Inspired Michele. What a very cool idea to use the foiled card, looks fab x

BożenA said...

Wow, both cards are simply amazing! Too bad it does not I'll find one of these cards in my Christmas mail ... :-(
hugs,
BozenA

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous! love how you were inspired - that red is very festive! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Michele!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is AMAZING! I can't tell you how much I love it ,it is just perfection.....you smashed this challenge and a surefire winner in my eyes!!!! X

Taunya Butler said...

Well, I LOVE THIS!!! So cool and full of texture and yummy dimension - what an excellent take on Kimberly's card!! SO very pretty!!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is awesome Michele!

Sharron said...

Love the stained glass look--just gorgeous!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Michele ... a stunning, foiled, stained glass beauty ... so rich and wonderful ... a fantastic CASE of Kimberly's lovely card! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

The variation in color on your trees is fantastic, Michele. Great eye for picking just the right card to use with the die. It's so beautiful with the gold outline.

Miriam Prantner said...

That foiling is fantastic! I love it!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This was a JAWDROPPER! what a gorgeous SHOWSTOPPER! LOVE IT
Congrats!!!!! Love it...play again LOL!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a stunning card!!! Lovely trees in the gold frames!

Cat Craig said...

Michele, this is just fabulously gorgeous.