Thursday, January 28, 2016

Paper Smooches: 4 Color January Challenge

I was feeling another Paper Smooches moment ... you can understand that, right?  Another offering to the current 4 Color Challenge - hope they don't mind if I use black and grey as two of four colors - they are my favorites.

OH did you read the news?  Rain boots will have their own die in a few days!!!  YES!  Though I didn't have trouble fussy-cutting these shiny little numbers at all:

White, black, grey, and yellow!
Paper Smooches Frame 1 & Frame 1 Duo die Kaisercraft Shine Bright paper
Inside sentiment:  "We might as well step in it in style!"

I stamped two of the rain boots from Green Thumb, from the patterned paper, and two from white cardstock, layering them to make them more sturdy.  I then smooched them with VersaMark and gave them a great shine with heat-set clear embossing powder. 

Wish you were here to check out their shine ... trust me, or go take a close-up peek on my IG page #mfergu01  I'd love a visit, however, or wherever, you find me!

=]  Michele



     papersmooches.net

 

15 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Super cute card! Love love love those rain boots! And thanks for the tip about smooching and embossing---will definitely try that out!

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! I LOVE the fun rain boots and that PUN!! It is OH SO YOU!! Been sick this week so no crafting. Just catching up on what I have missed!!

Lisa Elton said...

I could go for a pair of shiny polka dot boots! This is adorable Michele, lovin' all the dots!!

Dana M said...

Super cute Michele! Adorable boots and fun sentiment.

Petra Swart said...

Such great fun, Michele!!!! Cute as only you can do it!!!! LOVE those polka dot boots and the polka dot frame and I can just imagine how great those boots must be IRL with the wonderful shine!!!! (would like a pair of those fun boots for myself!!!!)
Have a great weekend, my friend!!!!
Hugz

Kristie Goulet said...

Love those sweet, shiny polka dot boots. So much fun!!

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

this is great! Perfect for the avid gardener!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is adorable! So darned cute.

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh my gosh Michele, you have me laughing totally out loud with this card. I mean, those sweet rain boots are so adorable but, that sentiment is just to die for laughing.
What a fabulous way to say this phrase, I think I will adopt it and say it instead of the "other" one, LOL!!
Thank you for the laugh, my dear, I really needed it right now because this is exactly what happened to me!!!!! My 75 gal. marine tank filter was acting up and was making a weird noise so, I had to disconnect it to find out what the heck was going on and it was not good, the pump gave out and I needed a new one. Lucky my daughter was coming home from work and I was able to ask her to get me another one, so indeed, COMPOSTE HAPPENS!!!!!
Fabulous card, sorry for the length of this comment, sheeesh!!

TK said...

While the card is as cute as can be, that sentiment -- I mean really?!?! You are so hilarious!

Barb Ghig said...

Really fun sentiment, and I love how you used your polka dots in opposing ways (does that sound right?) ~ I'll bet those shiny boots are fabulous IRL, too! Such a cute card, Michele!

Anita in France said...

Wish I was there to check out their shine too, Michele ... those little polka dot wellies are adorable! Brilliant sentiment ... outside and in ... they just gave us our morning chuckle! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda said...

What an adorable card Michele! Those rain boots are fabulous as is the color combo. I think I need me a pair of them books!! lol Hugs, Brenda

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, Michele, I see you practicing in layering of patterned paper :) and I say You are doing great in that! This adorable boots looks awesome on that busy background, would be lovely to have a pair like yours.

Bobby said...

I just put those darling boots on the 'share' list.