Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Second helpings to Mix it Up!

Banner-MIX-it

To me?  MFT and Ellen's Essentials are a match made in card-making-heaven for their Mix it Up challenge!  It was virtually impossible for me to stop at just one .. or two for that matter! 


Can you see the knot?  I hope so, or the sentiment would be kinda wrong ... here is a little close-up, just in case:


For this mix up, I've used the Totally Fabulous by Julie die - yes, it was a thank you gift, but I'm hoping they'll offer it with the next release? - a few more Wonky MFT rectangles, and MFT Wood You be Mine stamps by LJD.  That little word You're is a BB You're Super stamp.

Now you know I'll be back with a card using all those left-overs, right?  I'll be sending these off to Winter's Cards from the Heart Card Drive so the more the merrier!

=]  Michele

17 comments:

Barb said...

So totally cute and clever, Michele! And I love the colors!

TK said...

Gorgeous! I love the genius thought of using the "knot"!!!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful masculine valentine. I did not get the knot the first time around, but once the light dawned, I loved it!

shirley-bee said...

So clever! Love the 'fabulous' die too :)

lostinpaper said...

This IS fabulous Michele, the colour peeking though the die cut word totally adds the WOW factor!

Deepti said...

Cool card, warm colors and fabulous design :) I like the Browns in red and white sentiment !

Lisa Elton said...

The tied knot in the sentiment is such a fun idea!! Love those wonky rectangles. This is nifty. Quite frankly, your chocolate card base has me craving chocolate!!

Kristie Goulet said...

You are so stinkin' creative. LOVE all of your cards.

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Michele! And, totally inspiring, too! I love how you played with both sentiments...such a fun card!

Bobby said...

You're 'fabulous' card is. . .well, fabulous, Michele. I love the dark colors. It's very masculine and the knot is a clever touch.

Cat Craig said...

love the play on knot/not I think most valentines should be punny.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card for the heart drive! Fabulous!

Anita in France said...

Ha, so clever, Michele ... and cute ... and gorgeous, of course! Yummy colours, love how you made the insides of the loopy letters that delicious chocolatey brown! Great minds, my friend ... we were both doing that at the same time ... my last card with the silver sentiment and aqua infills!! Hugs, Anita :)

conil said...

Love this amazing card...congrats on your Ellen Mix-It-Up win. Well deserved.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so fabulous, Michele! Did you see that you won the $50 gift certificate? Have fun shopping!! :D

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your win! What a fun card!

Lindsey said...

You're "knot"...so awesome! I love that so many of us were visiting to tell you about your win. Woohoo! Can't wait to see what you get.