Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Altenew Inspiration Challenge: Places abroad!

I am a huge fan of Altenew - I wish I could have every little thing in their entire shop ... alas, I cannot!  I was very happy, however to acquire the Wild Hibiscus set this week, along with four sets of the Mini Crisp Ink sets! - FOUR!

Today, in her video,  Therese Calvird used both the Crisp Inks, and the very set I'd just received!  Serendipitous, right?

Altenew is taking us to France with this month's Places Abroad theme ... take a peek at the inspiration photo:

PhotoInspiration_March
 
Theme: From Places Abroad - France!
 
The lovely trio of colors, gives me license to use a bit more of the Olivia Collection of Anna Griffin papers, a panel of Old Olive from S.U.,  and the precision of those gorgeous trimmed hedges that only a die can give ... all rolls into this:
 
I'm sure you recognize Label Love, right?  Also used:  Four Scoops ink minis
 

I've had so much fun playing with the Wild Hibiscus set today ... even had a bit of extra inspiration from my good old Crate & Barrel catalogue ... IG anyone? 
 
=]  Michele
 
 


23 comments:

Rahmat said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love the olive panel with the pattern paper label, and the flower is a beauty!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Michele!! Your hibiscus is lovely and delicate!!

~amy~ said...

Beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, perfect take on the inspiration.

Suchi said...

Wow!!! Perfect interpretation..and beautiful card Michele! :)
Suchi xx

lostinpaper said...

Look at you go GF, Serendipitous alright! Love your floating flower and the background paper is a perfect maze, maybe we could meet in the Loire for a wine next time I am there....?

Kristie Goulet said...

This is awesome, Michele! Such a great take on the inspiration photo!

Bobby said...

Every detail speaks to the inspiration photo, Michele. I love how you've colored your hibiscus. That Four Scoops is a new mini set to me and I'll be adding it to my others.

Marika said...

Love this Michele! So beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the challenge, Michele! Lucky you to get this gorgeous stamp set just in time, and I'm loving the pattern inside the aperture! Beautiful card!!!

Kay Miller said...

Well that is just as pretty as it can be! Beautiful flower and I love the colors!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Michele! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card, Michele. Wonderful design and I can absolutely see how you were inspired.

TK said...

What a great card with those beautiful colors! Also congrats on the new purchases - it's always fun to get something new :o)

Sharron said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo! Love those colors and so glad you have the new inks to play with. Your did a beautiful job with your hibiscus.

Daria G. said...

WOW! so unsusal and intresting take on a scketch!

Anita in France said...

Une carte elegante et jolie, Michele ... la beauté de cette fleur douce et delicate est super avec la teinte du fond verte foncée. Magnifique, mon amie! (Had to be in French considering the theme!!) Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Love that beautiful hibiscus against the green and pink bg, Michele!!! You have done a great job with the colouring of the flower!!! A beautiful card!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Joan B said...

beautiful card. I wouldn't have known what to do with that inspiration photo but you made it work!

Dana M said...

Beautiful card Michele! You perfectly captured the inspiration photo. Fabulous coloring of the hibiscus.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I saw this challenge and hadn't a clue as to what to do. You captured this photo fabulously!!

Neha said...

Simply divine! Totally in love with this!

cm said...

Your wild hibiscus is gorgeous, especially paired with the pretty papers and sentiment. Feeling another swoon coming on...
Hugs~c