Thursday, March 17, 2016

ColourQ #333

When you see the item in the ColourQ inspiration photo, you may know exactly why I played along this week:

Could it be this gorgeous LINEN dress?  YES!
 
I have only one of these colors in ink form ... but all of the papers.  Die cuts to the rescue!  I used a little die set that was a gift from my sweet friend, Lisa - thank you again, and again, girlfriend.  I've used this little SU die many times, but not for a challenge - it was a perfect choice:
 
Winnie & Walter Kisses cutaway just 'dots the i' me thinks!
 
These special little flutter-bys are my tribute to a very, very special cousin that I lost this week... 
Jeanne Claire Cotey Poirier - 99 years young - be seeing you, darling Jeanne... we'll be celebrating you big time on your 100th birthday, too!
 
=]  Michele
 
 


16 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Lovely Tribute Michele XX

Joyce said...

Lovely tribute and way to say butterfly kisses. That die is so sweet, and what a great way to use all those greens. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful tribute with those butterfly smooches!

TK said...

Sorry about your loss, but what a GREAT card to celebrate and honor your cousin with! Beautiful!

lostinpaper said...

Those butterflies are soo cute!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy you could use these sweet butterflies to honor your cousin. God bless her precious 99 year old soul. Your card is marvelous Michele, thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Michelle said...

I love your butterflies! A lovely tribute to your cousin.

Kristie Goulet said...

So sorry for your loss, Michele. What a beautiful tribute to your cousin. ♥

maria f. said...

Sorry to hear, but 99 years means lotsa fun times with family I hope. Love your butterfly kisses card.

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE the colors, and your card is just perf!

Jeanne H said...

I too love your card and the colors of green. I have the inks, but not all the papers! Thinking of you...Oh, and didn't your cousin have a great name during her long life. Can you tell us how she pronounced her name? I've never been sure on mine.

Marybeth said...

Well, this is beautiful! Love the ombre look of the butterfly dies! Gorgeous CAS card!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely perfect take on the color challenge.

TaeEun said...

What a fabulous design, Michele! Perfect use of colors and it looks so chic and modern!

Sharron said...

Beautiful tribute! Perfect design for the challenge colors and such a wonderful way to send butterfly kisses!

Anita in France said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Michele ... your tribute card for Jeanne is beautiful ... angels do give butterfly kisses don't they ...just when we need them. Hugs and prayers, my sweet friend, Anita :)