Sunday, March 6, 2016

Seconds [and Thirds] for Happy Little Stampers!

I must admit that the Mother of Pearl technique has been such fun to learn ... thank you Loll, and Happy Little Stampers, for inspiring us all to give it a go!

 
 
Here are the effects I've been able to achieve using Martha Stewart Pearl white, and Folk Art Metal Pearl, acrylic paints:
 
 
A little playtime with a panel from Kim Heggins!
Avery Elle Laurels; SSS Lavender, and Fog die inks.
 
 
Ellen Hutson Amazing Women sentiment
Memory Box:  Queen Anne's Lace;  Altenew Peach Perfect, and Dark Chocolate water-based inks.
 
Since I'm only able to post one of them to the challenge,  I'll choose the one with Kim's panel since it is the most CAS of the two.
 
Thanks to YOU happy little card-makers, for stopping by!
 
=]  Michele
 
 


12 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Michele, you've rocked this challenge. Absolutely lovely cards. Idea of putting colored panel under the die-cut words is great, still CAS card.

lostinpaper said...

They look amazing, and difficult to photograph too, I'll bet they look even better IRL!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Looks like an amazing technique - have to try this!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So pretty Michelle! I love the soft colours for the panel in the first and WOW, the shimmer on the second one is just fabulous! Glad you have enjoyed this technique! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Rahmat said...

Both are gorgeous Michelle, its one awesome technique.

Lisa Elton said...

WOW are these ever PRETTY!! Love your second and third helpings Michele, the shimmer is fabulous!!

TK said...

Two beautiful cards! Your MoP is awesome! I used a product that doesn't shine quite as much as yours, so thanks for the product tips!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Michele ... you're creating such loveliness with this technique! These are so shimmeringly beautiful ... the first soft, delicate and pretty ... the second subtle and sophisticated ... gorgeous, my friend! So delighted to have you playing along for seconds (and thirds) at Happy Little Stampers! Hugs, Anita :)

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautifully done!!

Barb Ghig said...

Great job on this technique, Michele! I love both cards (of course!), but your 'Thanks' card is over the top GORGEOUS! I love how the shimmery soft colors peek through the sentiment and the bloom is perfection! You sure nailed it...once again!!!

Nora Noll said...

You are a master of this technique Michele!! I watched some videos on it and need to get some shiny card stock. I used to have it but alas, gave it away when I cleaned out some stuff. Now I wish I had kept all my glossy stuff!!

Bobby said...

I'm glad you got some paint to try the technique, Michele. It looks great as a panel behind the word die but I'm drawn to the brown with the Queen Anne's lace. There's just something about the contrast that draws me in.